Today I would like to give you a short guide about how you may get ActiveScaffold up and running with Rails 3.1. Please be aware that ActiveScaffold is nt fully ported to Rails 3.1, so this guide is for early adopters who wanna try it out or help finishing development work.
I assume that you ve got Rails 3.1/3.2 already installed on your computer.
1. rails new as_rails31
2. please add below the line gem ‘jquery_rails’ in your gem file following code:
gem 'render_component_vho' gem 'active_scaffold_vho'
gem 'render_component_vho', :git => 'git://github.com/vhochstein/render_component.git' gem 'active_scaffold_vho', :git => 'git://github.com/vhochstein/active_scaffold.git'
3. bundle install
4. bundle exec rake db:create
5. rails g active_scaffold Team name:string position:integer
6. bundle exec rake db:migrate
//= require jquery //= require jquery-ui //= require jquery_ujs //= require active_scaffold //= require_tree .
8. Edit file /app/assets/stylesheets/application.css
*= require active_scaffold *= require_self *= require_tree .
Hope you will enjoy.