Rails 3.0 RC2 was recently released and it seems that we are really close to the official launch of Rails 3.0
I ve got great news for those of you who have already been using the ActiveScaffold Plugin with previous Versions of Rails:
If you are interested in using Rails 3.0, you just can do it.
Let me guide you through the few steps to setup up a Rails 3 project with ActiveScaffold.
Setup Rails 3 project (detailled instructions):
- rails new howto
- cd howto
- bundle install
- rake db:create
Setup ActiveScaffold (you will need a running git bash):
- rails plugin install git://github.com/vhochstein/active_scaffold.git -r ‘rails-3.0’
- rails g active_scaffold_setup [prototype| jquery]
Setup two activescaffolds:
- rails g active_scaffold Team name:string position:integer
- rails g active_scaffold Player name:string injured:boolean salary:decimal date_of_birth:date team:references
- rake db:migrate
- edit file app/models/team.rb -> has_many :players
- rails s
- Open Browser: http://localhost:3000/teams
That ‘s it. You ve got a running application to CRUD teams and players using Rails 3 and ActiveScaffold.